The Wall

The Wall
Current project: BBC School Library Mural

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Children's Justice Center Auction...a small victory for a big problem

I was thrilled to have all three mixed media encaustic pieces accepted in to my most recent foray into the world of competitions, auctions and community fundraising: Windermere 2013 Art Gala which took place in October, 2013.


There were many lovely pieces there when I hurriedly dropped my stuff off after my family spent all afternoon at a pumpkin patch, and frankly, I thought well that's it....

I thought wrong!

I WON!

...That's right! FIRST PLACE!!!!! ( I got pretty excited about this after months of working and frustration over my glacial expedition through my art career.) No more feeling sorry for myself, this truly was a blessing, and I fully to intend to use that Dick Blick Gift Card, hooray!!!

I was happily informed that I took first place for "Inner Workings of Desire," the piece featured with the female image, gears, and crackled sides. Big thanks to Gallery 360 for passing this opportunity down to me, and thanks to Windermere for organizing such a great event to raise awareness and funding for The Children's Justice Center......


The others were also Paris themed, but I really think the first was the best.....

I guess they thought so too. :)




Close up/ details of Inner Workings:




No comments:

Post a Comment